Department of Communication
Karen Blixens Plads 8
2300 København S
I am an associate professor in digital humanities with a background in archaeological computing.
I did my BA in Prehistoric Archaeology (Aarhus University), supplemented with courses in GIS and Java programming as an Erasmus exchange student (University of Leicester). Followed up with an MSc in Archaeological Computing (University of Southampton), where I began building webservices/APIs for heritage data, and a DPhil in Ancient History (University of Oxford), where I experimented with Decision Support Systems and other digital tools for aiding scholars reading ancient documents, such as Latin documents from Vindolanda.
My research interests are digital heritage, openGLAM, open heritage data as well as how interested community members participate in heritage on and offline.
I am very interested in hearing from researchers, students and other interested parties who take an interest in these subjects.
Primary fields of research
- Open Data and digitisation in the heritage sector
- Participatory heritage communities online (such as family historians)
- Open GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums)
Classes I teach:
- Digital Heritage (autumn 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Information Organisation and Analysis (autumn 2021, 2022)
- Open Data Science (autumn 2019, 2020)
- IT in Organisations (spring 2020, 2021, 2023)