Department of Communication
Søndre Campus, Karen Blixens Plads 8, 2300 København S, Bygning 14, Building: 14-4-41
Primary fields of research
"Children's Literature, Text and Canon: Studies in the Sociology of Knowledge": The project seeks to combine a study of the history and poetics of children's literature with the theory and sociology of knowledge.
Viewing children's literature as a medium in which two powerful ideological positions intersect: our ideas about childhood and about literature, the project analyses interferences between the development of the mainstream literary canon, the text or poetics of children's literature and the knowledge produced about these texts in different theoretical paradigms and cultural practices, such as children's literature studies and library communication.
- Children's literature: history, poetics, theory, sociology and communication
- Children's media and culture
- Childhood studies in an interdisciplinary perspective
- The sociology of knowledge and media
- Literacy in the light of verbal, visual and digital epistemologies
Cultural and media studies, the sociology of literature, knowledge and media, children's literature and culture. Extensive experience as a lecturer at universities in Denmark and internationally.