Karen Blixens Plads 8, Building: 15B-2-16
2300 København S
Primary fields of research
- Sociology of education, including studies of schooling and socialisation i the Nordic countries, secondary in England and France
- State formation processes studied through political and professional interventions.
- ethnic minorites and education in a transnational and comparative perspective.
- Studies of integration and migration in a transnational and international persperctive.
- Studies of ethnicity, culture and nation state building.
Existing and former research projects
- Pedagogical work with asylum seeking and newly arrived children in Denmark in interactions between public schools, asylum centre and administration.
- Relations between pedagogic and forms of welfare state vs. neoliberal state transformation processes.
- The political history of categorisations, classifications and interventions addressing "the immigrant", 1945 - 2014.
- Studies of fractures, dislocations and disruptions in the educational field
My competences as a teacher and superviser om BA-, MA- and Ph.d. level are within the following areas:
- Socialisation, education and civilisation
- Cultural and social processes in educational institutions.
- Education and policy of education in a comparative and global perspective.
- State formation processes and pedagogical work in a comparative and historical perspective.
- Studies of migration, ethnicity, nationbuilding, culture og integration.
- Pedagogical evaluation, philosophy of science and research methods in education.