Arni Már Einarsson
My research interest is in the materiality of computational technologies and how it can affect individual experiences, social interactions, and societal institutions. In my recently finished ph.d.-project, Making in Libraries, I examined how makerspaces support individuals' creativity and learning, mediate social interactions, and challenge the conception of information in libraries. In my current work on Platform Intelligence in News, I combine large datasets and qualitative inquiry to examine algorithmic recommendations of news and how recommenders affect users' experience and news professionals' work with possible democratic implications.
- Platform Intelligence in News (August 2022 - August 2023). Stine Lomborg (PI) and Rasmus Helles (Co-PI)
- Making in Libraries (November 2018 - April 2022). Supervised by Morten Hertzum & Stine Lomborg
Fields of interest
- Human-computer Interaction
- Algorithms and materiality
- Critical data studies
- Technology and creativity
- PublishedEinarsson, Arni Már, 29 Apr 2022, 146 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Ph.D. thesis › Research
Because fathers matter: How tools and materials mediate the collaboration between father and child in maker activitiesEinarsson, Arni Már & Krogh, M., 2022, Proceedings of the Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: NordiCHI' 22. 10 p. 26
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Article in proceedings › Research › peer-review
- PublishedEinarsson, Arni Már, 2021, In: International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. 156, 102715.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review